Hi Ricardo,

(I'm copying back in dspace-tech, as we ask that all questions be kept on the mailing list. It helps others also learn from the answers, or help with their own experience/answers. Thanks.)

First off, I will mention that we do have plans to remove support for the database indexing. So, if there are issues with Solr that you've encountered, it might be good to report them to us. As of DSpace 6, we plan to only support Solr for search/browse.

As for the index-db-browse command: Yes, this is the command that controls the creation/deletion of those "bi_*" tables for the database-based browse functionality. Since it sounds like at least some of your "bi_*" tables don't exist, you probably need to run "./dspace index-db-browse -r" (which will completely rebuild those indexes, destroying any old ones that may exist). More documentation on the "index-db-browse" command and its options is at:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Legacy+methods+for+re-indexing+content#Legacymethodsforre-indexingcontent-CreatingtheBrowse&SearchIndexes

- Tim