Hi Arthur,

A white screen tends to mean there's some sort of error occurring behind the scenes. You should check your DSpace (and possibly Tomcat) log files and look for the error message reported there, as it'll likely give more details regarding the problem.

Here's more info on locating the error, and trying to debug it. If you don't know what the error means, you are also welcome to send it to this list, and someone will try to help you out.
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error