Hi Thomas,

Here's a guide for looking for underlying error messages in the log files.

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error

I think Mark is right, we'd need more information here. To be honest, DSpace 3.3 was never tested with Java 8, as the 3.x platform was released *prior to* Java 8 being released. That being said, if you can send us the errors to this list, we might be able to better determine whether it's a relatively easy fix or not.

- Tim