Hi again,

Is it possible that the behavior of /handle is different from that of
/items in the sense that when I change metadata from xmlui I see the change
immediately with /items but not with /handle.

I've tried changing a title of  an item
https://demo.dspace.org/rest/handle/10673/26?expand=metadata
here I still see the old title:

<metadata>
<key>dc.title</key>
<language>en_US</language>
<value>TEST2</value>
</metadata>

but if I check
https://demo.dspace.org/rest/items/19?expand=metadata
which should be the same item, i see the updated one

<metadata>
<key>dc.title</key>
<language>en_US</language>
<value>TEST2 Title</value>
</metadata>

The same goes for the name field. Is there some different caching for
/handle?

OK

> Hi Peter,
> thanks for your reply and thanks again for posting the example with the
> ?expand parameter; I completely missed that part in to documentation.
>
> Regards,
> OK

>> Hi OK,
>>
>> I've updated the documentation to mention the /handle/{prefix}/{suffix}
>> endpoint:
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/REST+API#RESTAPI-Handle
>>
>> ________________
>> Peter Dietz
>> Longsight
>> www.longsight.com
>> pe...@longsight.com
>> p: 740-599-5005 x809
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Peter Dietz <pe...@longsight.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi OK,
>>>
>>> The endpoint to look up an object by its handle is
>>> <base-rest-url>/handle/<handle-number>. So, for example:
>>> https://demo.dspace.org/rest/handle/10673/14?expand=all
>>>
>>> The /handle/<handle-number> endpoint doesn't appear to be properly
>>> documented. Here is the HandleResource in the code.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace-rest/src/main/java/org/dspace/rest/HandleResource.java#L37
>>>
>>> It produces a rest DSpaceObject (so if the handle yields an Item, the
>>> response is a rest Item in json/xml).
>>> {
>>> id: 10
>>> name: "Test submit"