Hi Christian,
The PR really helped me. The problem was that seems that dspace needs the
field ending with "_filter" to make the filter appear so, we can modify our
schema.xml to add this field and also fill with the same value of
location.coll:

<field name="location.coll_filter" type="keywordFilter" indexed="true"
stored="true" multiValued="true" omitNorms="true" />
<copyField source="location.coll" dest="location.coll_filter" />

With this the facet appears.

The next problem is that when you click in any of the values that the facet
finds the filtering doesn't work as it returns 0 items.
I have fix that creating the field location.coll_keyword also. So:

<field name="location.coll_keyword" type="keywordFilter" indexed="true"
stored="true" multiValued="true" omitNorms="true" />
<copyField source="location.coll" dest="location.coll_keyword" />

So now all seems work good :)

My problem now is that I don't want to make a new facet, I want to use the
location.coll in an existent facet and here seems not working, will see
what's happening.