Hi Franziska,

To answer the first part of your question, that ticket (DS-1096) is
still looking for a volunteer or two to help us provide that integration
with PRONOM.  At this point in time, there's no timeline for when this
work may happen, but it likely is still of interest. Similar to other
open source platforms, DSpace itself is primarily developed and
maintained by volunteers from throughout the world.

So, if you or anyone else is interested in this work, please do let us
know (add a comment to that ticket) and then feel free to provide a
GitHub Pull Request per our code contributions guidelines:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Code+Contribution+Guidelines

At this point, I'm unaware of anyone who has implemented this locally.
But, I would also be interested to hear about any who have built in this
feature already!

- Tim

--
Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect