On 21 August 2015 at 13:21, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gib...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are using DSpace 5.3 in production now.
> See: http://scholar.sun.ac.za
> Our downloads work fine, perhaps your campus gateway/firewall is to blame?

Hi Hilton

I can't see how the campus gateway could have anything to do with it. The
tcpdump that I included was from the same VM that was running DSpace.
Whenever I click a download, DSpace contacts google-analytics and will time
out if no response is received.

I haven't made any changes to the config files, apart from the following
modifications to build.properties:

dspace.install.dir=/dspace
dspace.hostname = 10.4.36.12
dspace.baseUrl = http://10.4.36.12
dspace.ui = xmlui
dspace.url = ${dspace.baseUrl}/${dspace.ui}
db.password=4u7

DSpace 4.3 just downloads the file. DSpace 5.3 waits for a response from
google-analytics.

Sean