From: Searle, Shannon [mailto:s.sea...@cranfield.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 7:12 AM
To: heli...@centrum.sk; Luiz dos Santos; dspace-tech
(dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net)
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Filter by language - search

Thanks everyone,  that is working now for DSpace 4. The configuration needs to
be added in three places in discovery.xml -  in /dspace/config/spring/api
/discovery.xml

Around line 109

103         <!--The search filters which can be used on the discovery search
page-->
104         <property name="searchFilters">
105             <list>
106                 <ref bean="searchFilterTitle" />
107                 <ref bean="searchFilterAuthor" />
108                 <ref bean="searchFilterSubject" />
109                 <ref bean="searchFilterIssued" />
110                 <ref bean="searchFilterLanguage" />
111             </list>
112         </property>

And near line 209
207         <!--The search filters which can be used on the discovery search
page (same as defaultConfiguration above)-->
208         <property name="searchFilters">
209             <list>
210                 <ref bean="searchFilterTitle" />
211                 <ref bean="searchFilterAuthor" />
212                 <ref bean="searchFilterSubject" />
213                 <ref bean="searchFilterIssued" />
214                 <ref bean="searchFilterLanguage" />
215             </list>
216         </property>

And the definition of the filter as suggested by Luiz

<bean id="searchFilterLanguage"
class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilter">
316         <property name="indexFieldName" value="language"/>
317         <property name="metadataFields">
318             <list>
319                 <value>dc.language</value>
320             </list>
321         </property>
322     </bean>

A couple more things:
In the drop down for the filter name it shows up as
xmlui.discovery.SimpleSearch.filter.language – I would have expected to change
it in messages.xml in
/dspace/webapps/xmlui/i18n/messages.xml, but for the default language English
actually you have to change it under
/dspace/webapps/xmlui/WEB-INF/classes/aspects/Discovery/i18n/messages.xml:

89     <message
key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.SimpleSearch.filter.author">Author</message>
90     <message
key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.SimpleSearch.filter.title">Title</message>
91     <message
key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.SimpleSearch.filter.subject">Subject</message>
92     <message key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.SimpleSearch.filter.dateIssued">Date
issued</message>
93     <message
key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.SimpleSearch.filter.language">Language</message>

And finally you need to re-index using discovery-index –b as suggested by
Hilton Gibson if that term is not already being indexed.

Thanks everyone!

Shannon