Steve S. Bosshard (NU5D) wrote:

> The lag is not at the local end. Say you move from Module C to Module
> B, and I have my UrCall=WY0X. The lag is in how long it takes your
> gateway to tell mine where you have moved to.

I understand this, but the recent patch description said that if a user
moved from say module B to module C, the local Gateway will keep track
of that locally and route incoming calls from any module (or the
Gateway) appropriately, virtually instantly... even if the far Gateway
sent the call to module B, it would actually go out module C.

Unless I read the patch notes wrong... I got the impression the local
Gateway is now "in charge" of the final route, and the update sent back
didn't matter now?

I probably read it wrong -- but I thought basically this change would
alleviate most of the "lag", by putting a local database table "in
charge" of routing the local callsigns...

Nate WY0X