Scott and Group,

As VP Coordination for the ARCC I have been asked by a number of our users to
consider establishing a STRICTLY VOLUNTARY coordination program for DD and
other digital "non-repeater" modes.

We (ARCC) are experiencing fairly rapid D* and DD growth and strive to provide
for the needs of our users.

As a DD site owner / administrator, what is it you might seek from
coordination?  I expect that "protection" from interference might be one issue
but are there others?

Please take a look at our current ARCC repeater coordination form:
<http://www.arcc-inc.org/CoordinationApplicationInstructionsRev_C.pdf>
and see what applies and, more importantly, what is missing for a prospective
DD site owner / administrator.  My intent is to investigate the mechanism
required to create a coordination process specifically for "non-repeater",
digital use.

Having no experience with either D* or DD, Some questions immediately come to
mind:

 - Can a DD channel be shared in the same manner as an AX.25 system?
 - Does DD perform CMSA or is it a "blind" system?
 - Does DD operate on a single channel or can it be operated on a "split"
(pair) of channels?  How is it "normally" used?
 - What is the definition of "interference" in a DD system?
 - What is the result of "interference"?
 - What level of interference is "tolerable"
 - What is the "true" (measured) receiver sensitivity for a DD central station
and at what BER?

Any information provided will help me in my quest to satisfy the needs of my
user community,
Bill Powell - WB1GOT
VP Coordination - ARCC Inc.