There's been some chatter about this, and many of us old-timers have posted
that it shouldn't work but enough folks have posted it does that it makes me
wonder.

I don't remember for sure, but when the JA gateways first appeared in the
database, I'm pretty sure individual JA users did not, but now they do, many
with JA area and zone callsigns.  Thus one possibility is that this info has
somehow been dumped into the international gateway db and thus provides
one-touch callsign routing information to get dv streams from us to them.

At least two of the j-landers claimed to have been worked with one-touch
replying are currently homed to wb4hro.  A second possibility then is that the
wb4hro gateway (custom?) software (or dplus on that machine) is somehow
providing a "worm-hole" to j-land.  I can't think of why else they would be
homed there.

73 -- John