--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, "woody" <roadma...@...> wrote:

> I'm new at this programming of this radio..Kinda need some help. Will i
> got the local repeaters working just great. but when it comes to getting
> thought the gateway and talking to other people seem to be a problem.
> Not sure what i might be going wrong. Very much need some help....thanks

Woody, you are not "regisered" on the gateway system so far as I can tell.  In
order to use callsign routing to talk to folks on other gateways, you need to
be registered.  The easiest way is to go through your local users group for
your local machine.  Sometimes gateways are "linked" with a piece of software
which is an extension or add on to the ICOM gateway software, and you can talk
to/on a second gateway or reflector if your local gateway is operating in that
mode.  There are some guides on all this, and I'm sure someone will post one or
two of those, but I've got to run for bit. Welcome and 73, John