I do not "trust" that number.

ICOM dstar TRUSTS(dsipsvd) use separators:

0x0a = RECORD separator.

0x09 = FIELD separator.

Since I do NOT trust that number, I use the RECORD separators and
get every RECORD in the FULL DB and every RECORD in
subsequent updates without doing computations on numbers
and this way I do NOT miss anything.

I do not treat the FULL db download as a string,
I treat it as FILE download.
I get about 3.5 MB on the LIVE system.

Scott