G'Day Fletcher,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 03:26:23PM -0800, Fletcher Cocquyt wrote:
> Different error with that one:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ 2:49pm 53 # DTraceToolkit-0.99/Net/tcptop_snv
> dtrace: failed to compile script /dev/fd/11: line 198: probe description
> fbt:ip:tcp_xchg:entry does not match any probes

Wow, this sounds like the history of tcpsnoop bugs.  Sorry about this;
it is inevitable until there are stable network providers.  The
Notes/ALLfbt_notes.txt file in the DTraceToolkit-0.99 will make a lot
of sense to you right now, if you haven't already read it (the man page
for the tcptop scripts refer to it); it's also online here:

http://www.nbl.fi/~nbl97/solaris/dtrace/099html/Notes/ALLfbt_notes.txt.html

Did you say what version of Solaris are you on?

I don't have access to a Solaris server that does this; however these
changes in tcp are usually easy to fix (so far).  So you, Fletcher,
or someone else who has access to the Solaris version, can help out by
posting a fix.  Or wait until Solaris has more stable support for these
probes (which is in progress).

> Retransmit rate is low (9/30000) - but the fact I'm seeing any warrants
> further analysis

Maybe.  My workstation is at 63649/186843238, which is 0.034%.  You are
at 0.03%.  Whatever you have, I have too. :)

Brendan

--
Brendan
[CA, USA]