Josh,

I have had good results with the MacAlly USB card, and the Newer FireWire2Go card (OS
9.1).  If you've been wondering about those USB/Firewire combo cards, I can tell you
that I have tried the ADS Dual Link combo card with mixed results (website description
had stated compatibility with OS9/OSX).  The USB part works fine, but, could never get
the Firewire ports working on that thing.  Even tried every type of firewire driver
that I could find from other makes and the different versions of the MacOS firewire
extension.  In any case, remember that you will not be able to boot with these cards
installed.

Peter Z.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/24/04 05:47PM >>>

Begin forwarded message:

> I cardbussed my 2400c so I could use a D-Link ethernet card with it,
> and that was successful, but now I'm looking for Firewire and USB
> compatibility and I was wondering what you all could recommend from
> experience/knowledge.  There are tons of generic ones on ebay that
> supposedly work with OS X, but I was thinking that they might only
> require OS X for the USB 2 functionality... I don't really have any
> need for USB 2, so will these (or most) cards backpedal to USB 1 spec
> and be compatible with OS 9.1?
>
> Just wanting to get opinions/stories/whatever.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Josh Keady

---
"Man Hopes.  Genius Creates."

Ralph Waldo Emerson, "The American Scholar"