>Do you have a spare mobo and powerboard to test the theory out ?
>
>If you want, you can send the parts you have to me and I can swap out
>what I have to figure out what is not working.   It is in my best
>interest to keep you going on the 2400 so you can try the 2 MB VRAM
>hack (which I cant figure out from the japanese site).  While I dont
>have a spare CPU (I am still looking for a G3 card), I do have some
>spare power boards.
>
>Mad Dog

Nah, no spare parts. I may take you up on the offer and send it to you. Or,
considering I'll need a spare motherboard, from which to obtain the second VRAM DIMM,
maybe it would be a good idea for me just to buy one. Uh-oh! Here we go again ! Man, I
just can't get myself to give up tinkering with this thing... whata geek, eh?

Anyone have a spare, working motherboard they'd like to sell?

Antonio

>------------------------------
>

>Yes, a class action lawsuit. The loss of time, productivity and expenses
>related to this obvious design defect justifies a more global approach. I
>have owned  used 1998 PC laptop (same year as my new 2400) and it has
>received daily use in hundreds of different locations and has never stopped
>functioning. I have added new operating systems to my PC including Windows
>XP and it never crashes. I managed to get around the 2400 Glod with the $1
>fuse fix after spending over a year trying unsuccessfully to get Apple to
>cut some of their red tape and honour their service commitments. No results.
>
>Win with Windows.
>
>All the best,
>
>Fred Pentney

Wow. You sound really angry. OOOoooKay.
The 2400c is really the only machine with these kinds of issues, and I give Apple a
break with it, because it was their first attempt at a fully-featured compact laptop.
Come to think of it, it was an industry first, if I recall correctly. That's
technology for you.

Antonio