Hi!

Francesco Fumanti wrote:

> Would it be possible to add the possibility to check the opened stream
> for data breaks?

You mean, missing frames? We do that for video frames when the file is
indexed. If you start dvbcut on the command line, you will see the
messages about missing frames.

This function is not very precise, though. You sometimes get false
alarms when the input file contains wrong timestamps, for example.

> Moreover, it would be great if this check could be enhanced with the
> option to fix the data break when possible.

Maybe we could. But many players handle missing frames quite well
(usually by speeding up and slowing down the surrounding frames a
little). All we could do in dvbcut is fill the gap with black frames (or
some milliseconds of silence in case of audio), or maybe repeat the
preceding frame in some cases. The result would probably be worse.

> (MPEG Streamclip http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html
> offers that feature.)

I wonder how they do it, and what the result looks/sounds like. There
aren't exactly many ways to recover missing audio/video data...

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>