Hi,

I'm happy for being able to tell you that dvbcut has been in Debian
since this April proper:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/dvbcut.html

Unfortunately, Qt3 is on its way being phased out, so I applied the
patch from Raik Bieniek as found in contrib. I needed to adapt it
slightly. You can find the patches I use for the debian package here:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-multimedia/dvbcut.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches

You'll espc. might want to apply the patch fix-ftbfs-libav0.7.patch upstream.

Nevertheless, I've now tried to update the package to the latest 0.6.1
release. Unfortunately, the patch does no longer apply. I've tried to
adapt it, but it seems that the class mplayererrorbase has changed
significantly. I have therefore given up here and would like to ask
you to reconsider adapting and including the patch properly.

Thanks!

--
regards,
    Reinhard