Hi,

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Ralph Glasstetter wrote:

> Am Montag, 5. Januar 2009 schrieb Cengiz Gunay:
> > Adding to this, I'd suggest having shortcut keys for skipping 30s, 1min,
> > 5min to nearest I-frames, like in MPlayer and ProjectX. This helps in
> > finding commercials much simpler than using the slidebar. I do like the
> > slidebar and the exponential slidebar for fine-tuning, but it gets tiring
> > for doing the bulk of the job.
>
> ... which are actually already there!
>
> Ever tried using the srcollwheel of your mouse while holding Alt-, Ctrl- or
> Shift-keys? Default wheel increments (in frames) are:
>       wheel_incr_alt=22500
>       wheel_incr_ctrl=1
>       wheel_incr_normal=1500
>       wheel_incr_shift=25
> but you can adapt this in the settings file (~/.qt/dvbcut.sf.netrc) to your
> needs.
>
> BTW, with wheel_delta=-120 you can change the scroll direction... ;-)

Cool! I had no idea. I think dvbcut really needs a simple Help menu for
this :)

> > Now, to really make it simple for finding commercials, it would be GREAT
> > if dvbcut could identify the black frames during indexing or a separate
> > scan. Then, the user can jump through them and fine-tune cut points. I am
> > a little confused about the "difference from frame" function and
> ... guess thats already answered...

yes, thanks, Francesco, for that.

> > auto-chapters function. Maybe these can already do what I suggest, but I
> > don't know how to use them properly.
> >
> "Auto-Chapters" sets a chapter mark every fixed number of frames or a fixed
> number of chapters if chapters/interval is negative, which you can also
> configure in the settings files.

Ok.

> I also had in mind implementing a black frame detection for "Auto cut
> points",
> but that was far too slow with the used imageprovider. Maybe it could be
> implemented more effectively on the mpeg level during indexing somehow...
> don't know... however, not every commercial begins with a black frame and not
> every black frame starts a commercial.

Yes, I agree. That's why I was saying it should make a list and then the
user can flip through them to fine tune them. You can always add new
cutpoints, but having the black frames automatically will save huge
amounts of time.

> BTW, If you want tho see how slow frame processing is or have a fast enough
> CPU you could set chapters/tolerance>0. That way inbetween the given numer of
> frames around the normaly fixed chaptermarks from above the nearest scene
> change (=sum of color distances > chapters/threshold) is detected to find a
> more appropriate chapter mark.
>
> A black frame detection would work similar slow ...

Ok, I will try this on my Core 2 Duo 2100 and post the results.

Cengiz Gunay
--
cgu...@emory.edu  cengi...@users.sf.net (MSN)   cengi...@gmail.com
Lab: +1-404-727-3565    Home/Cell: +1-678-559-8694