2009. 02. 22, vasárnap keltezéssel 23.35-kor Michael Riepe ezt írta:
> Hi!
>
> The list may be quiet, but there are things going on behind the
> curtains. I've been working on a new indexer for dvbcut2 now for a
> while, and things look pretty good. The new code will not only be able
> to detect AC-3 (and Enhanced AC-3) audio tracks in MPEG transport
> streams more easily (and more reliably), I also have basic support for
> MPEG-4 AVC (aka H.264) video already.

Nice!

> My new MPEG-2 video indexer recognizes the use of closed captions (which
> are transmitted inside the video stream in ATSC). I don't know how to
> decode the data, however. DVB and teletext subtitles are better
> documented, but I haven't seen any streams that actually used them. DVD
> subtitles are yet another story. At least I found a somewhat complete
> format description somewhere on the net. The questions remain, however,
> which output format dvbcut2 should use, and how to convert all the
> different input formats to that single output format. Maybe an internal
> intermediate format will help with that. Since a subtitle essentially is
> a partially transparent image (with a timestamp and a duration attached
> to it), something like PNG might be appropriate.

Concerning teletext, AFAIK the ivtv cards are capable to embed VBI in
the MPEG stream (but I never tried this).

> The jury is still out on other audio formats. DTS, Advanced Audio Coding
> (AAC), MPEG Lossless Coding and LPCM come to mind, but they aren't
> exactly used very often in Europe (Region 2 DVDs usually contain MPEG
> and AC-3 audio, and I haven't dealt with Blu-ray yet). Does any DVB or
> ATSC station in the world broadcast one of these formats?
>
> I'm currently working with MPEG transport streams as the container
> format because that's the hardest part. Adding support for program
> streams (including DVD VOB files) later will be relatively easy. Since
> the code I have so far is modular by design, it may also be possible to
> add support for, say, AVI files.
>
> By the way: there's a huge difference between the way dvbcut handles
> data and the way dvbcut2 will. dvbcut2 will be "data driven", that is,
> you set up a processing pipeline and then push the data through it. It
> should also be possible to run the pipeline in the background, in
> another thread. Maybe you can also assign particular parts of it to
> separate threads (e.g. to process audio and video in parallel). That way
> we might get a little more performance on the now-common multi-core
> machines.

I am eagerly waiting a release (or a SVN tree). Keep up the work and
thank you a lot for your efforts! Once there is something out, I would
be pleased to test it and report my observations.

Levente