N7EF – Donald M. Anderson – Kent, Washington

No seriously I think this will get more DXers involved.  Many overseas stations will now be able to get their WAS awards thus more DX stations for those of us chasing DX and using LOTW.

Another way to encourage more DX participation would be for the League to maybe sponsor some kind of yearly competition.  Maybe giving awards to this station working the most DXCC Countries and getting them confirmed on LOTW in a one year period.

Surely there must be other ways to encourage more overseas DXers to participate?  Any ideas?

By the way I suspect there are more contesters using LOTW that actual DXers.  I think the main reason for that is they are all using computers and computer logs and it is so easy for them to submit their log to the contest sponsor and then to LOTW.  Whereas some of the old time serious DXers are not using computer logs.  It would be interesting to take a look at the age of those using LOTW vs those not.  My guess is it would show the younger (HA) guys are using computer logging and the older ones are not.  Unfortunately I’m afraid it would take a lot of work to back this theory up.

Anyway I suspect as time goes on more and more people will start using LOTW.  The real question is what can be done to speed up the process?  Any positive suggestions?

73

Bernie

Bernie McClenny, W3UR

Now more than ever - you need The Daily DX and The Weekly DX - to keep up with the DX news from around the globe!

Editor of - The Daily DX <-- two free weeks http://www.dailydx.com/order.htm
          - The Weekly DX <-- free sample http://www.dailydx.com/weekly2.html
          - How's DX

http://www.dailydx.com