Yoshi,

It would appear that Mauritius (3B8) is the "Political Entity"
(point 1).  Because St. Brandon (3B7) is more than 350 km from
3B8 it qualifies as a separate entity under point 2 (separation).
However, since Agalega (3B6) is not 800 km from 3B7, it does not
qualify as separate from either 3B7 or 3B8 and is considered
part of the nearest entity (3B7).

Neither Agalega or St. Brandon is listed on the US Department of
State "Dependencies and Areas of Special Sovereignty" list.  If
St. Brandon was listed, it would qualify as a "Political Entity"
and Agalega would then be eligible based on separation of more
than 350 km.  If Agalega was included on the Dept. of State
list, it would qualify for inclusion as a "political entity."

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV