Just an educated guess (I work in the IT field), but the "up and down"
nature of the log website looks like it's probably running into a capacity
issue. When too many users try to connect, it refuses connections, but after
a while, enough users are off the server that it will start running again.

If you get an error trying to access the logs, I'd suggesting waiting a few
minutes and trying again. (Don't just reload the page over and over, that
will just make things worse.)

Good luck.