I worked FR5DX four times, all contest QSOs, between 1998 & 2000.  2 QSOs on
15, 2 on 20.  I QSL'd him once for each band & got those cards.

According to my old notes, I did sent the requests using the "via France"
address.

So at least at the time, he was a good QSL'er.

But I have to agree with Paul on this one.  It is very, very easy for us to
sit back and kvetch about the rotten DX that take our IRC's and Green Stamps
and never reply.  I've heard the same gripes about a good many DX stations,
including a well known, semi-rare & active V5 op, plus OD, FM, PZ; and much
more "common" ones in OA, PY, EA6, EA8, and many other areas as well.

So how come I can get cards from those stations or those areas and others
can't?

I follow the mailing/routing directions when given.  I don't put calls on
the envelopes.  I use a manilla envelope (tough to see through) or security
envelopes.  And yes, I sometimes use WF5E for some of the tough ones, and
it's thanks to Joe W3HNK that I got my UA2 confirmations for 80 meters, even
though they weren't his clients.

No, I don't get a 100% return.  Yes, there are stations who pocket the green
stamps or IRC's; yes, there are managers who demand reimbursement well over
& above what return postage & reasonable costs would cover.

And yes, there are certain DX stations, including some in the "tough" areas,
who ought to use a QSL manager, but for a variety of reasons (including ego
& naivety for two) will not use one.

I'm not naive enough to deny that these things go on.  I'm just not ready to
use the broad brush so many use so readily to blame the DX so easily.

73