3Y0X
Peter I DX pedition

Press Release

I am afraid we have bad news.  At 1 AM local time today we learned that our charter vessel, the Cavendish Sea, had not yet sailed from the port of Comodoro Rivadavia.  The Cavendish Sea was to sail to Ushuaia to pick up the Dxpedtion team and their equipment on Friday, Feb 18th.  We were to sail before noon.

Because they have delayed their arrival until Sunday, and with a projected Monday departure, we have simply run out time. This latest delay on top of numerous previous delays, simply makes it impossible for us to spend a sufficient amount of time on Peter I to justify the DXpedition  this year.

So, we have no choice but to postpone the DXpedition until 2006.  We believe it is essential to allow enough time on Peter I to justify the monetary investment made by the team members, our sponsors, individual contributors, DX Clubs, DX Foundations.

After having the first vessel, the Antarctic Dream, default on their contract with us, then  the helicopter company default on their contract and then after putting everything  back together with an new boat and helicopter on this past Tuesday, the team has been on quite an emotional rollercoaster.  Our sincerest thanks to everyone for the encouragement and support you offered us during this time.

Thanks,

Bob Allphin, K4UEE
Ralph Fedor, K0IR

--------------------------

Don, N1DG and Peter I Pilot
N1DG--Licensed since 1962
EX-WB2DND, A61AD (GUEST OP, QSL MGR), A52DG, /KH9, /BV, /VS6, /4X, /9V
Pilot:  3Y0X, VK9ML, D68C, VK0IR, K8XP/KH9, 9M0C, ZK1XXP, ZL9CI
Webmaster:  3Y0X, K5K, A52A, VK0IR, 9M0C, ZK1XXP, WB2DND/KH9, BQ9P, ZL9CI
QSL Manager:  A61AD, A61AO, A61X, A61AQ, KH7Z
Member:  FOC, ARRL, DDXA, YCCC
DON GREENBAUM
DUXBURY, MA, USA
AIM:  aurumtel