-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Leith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 8:17 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [DX-NEWS] SM5DQC - Silent Key

Osten and I had only one "QSO" and that was an exchange in the IOTA Contest
in 1995.  We never spoke on the air but we exchanged many e-mails over the
years and I was always impressed with his understanding, his philosophy and
especially his diplomacy.  I was deeply saddened to read of his untimely
passing and I, like many other savvy DXers, will miss his postings to the DX
List.

A gentleman and a DX scholar was Osten.

73

Al, VE1AL