It would be nice to add "Don't respond to requests sent via the spotting network."

--
Dick Flanagan K7VC
d...@k7vc.com

On 12/11/2012 3:04 AM, ragnar otterstad wrote:

Hello,
We believe that much of the chaos on the bands during DXpeditions is
caused by the operating tactics of the DXpedition operator – this leads
to poor operating by DX-Chasers, and therefore to chaos. At a meeting of
RSGB, CDXC and GM-DX on October 13th we agreed to strengthen the ‘DX
Code of Conduct’ and to prioritise the DXpedition side. This has now
been completed, thanks to Wayne N7NG and ‘DX University’, and has been
renamed ‘Best Practices for DXpedition Operating’. Please see:
http://www.dxuniversity.com/showpage.php?id=20&title=Best_Practices_for_DXpedition_Operating
or go to www.dxuniversity.com click on DXpeditioning Tools, then Basic
Practices. Each of the 13 points is hyper-linked to some explanatory text.
We would hope that DX organisations will adopt it as a  condition of
funding. This would hopefully spread to become the normal requirement
for all DXpedition funding: DXpeditions would not only ‘support’ it, but
would also implement it on-air. In this way we expect that chaos on DX
bands can be reduced somewhat whenever a DXpedition is under way.
I look forward to seeing your comments,
73 de Roger/G3SXW.

or

subscribe dx-chat