Hi Fred,

The only value of a return address, as best i can tell, is

-the 'to' address is invalid, allowing the post office to do something besides put in
the dead letter bin

-the card gets torn up, and that part of the letter is intact, so the postal system
can return it in one of their lovely plastic bags.

-the receipient can figure out who they are getting mail from.

For the first, if the person doesnt' know their own address, I really am not too
sympathetic.  However, I will note that I get many cards back because DX stations do
not put their COUNTRY on the envelope.  I think in Europe, for example, the 'zip code'
that they use helps identify the country, for example DXXXXX tells them Germany. Our
postal system doesn't relate to that, and it gets returned.  Also, had envelopes
addressed to 'Espana' and 'Allemagne' returned....while appropriate in the native
language, it doesnt work well in the USA.

The second usually doesn't help either, as if the card comes back, usually it's in
such sad shape that it's hard to figure out where to send it....or re-issue and send
it.

The third, I figure, is more useful to the recipient than me....and thus, their
handwriting is as good as mine.

I touched well over a thousand envelopes each month on a 'easy month'....and that's a
thousand less things to do.....it's a tiny step, admittedly, but one that if the
sending station did, it may help me squeeze another card or two out in the time
allotted.

Thus, the reasoning for my previous post....but your way works very well in the same
manner.

73