Sad news indeed. Al was an old friend, we have had hundreds
and hundreds of QSO´s during my 35 years as a ham. I hadn´t
worked him for a while but just 3 weeks ago when I was
operating SV9/SM2EKM we had a QSO which became the last one.
73 Al RIP

Jim SM2EKM
wa8ytm wrote:

Back to top <http://www.wvgazette.com/section/Obituaries/#TOP>

Albert H. Hix

Albert H. Hix, 85, died June 25, 2003, at home after a short illness.

He was retired from Union Carbide Technical Center in 1985.

Al Hix, W8AH, was known around the world by thousands of amateur radio operators and his pursuits in the DX or Distance aspect of the ham radio hobby are unsurpassed. Al's amateur radio station, operating from the