From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Bill Henderson
Sent: January 25, 2003 4:34 PM
To: Dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] RE Upgrade

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Gandy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 7:08 PM
Subject: [Dx4win] RE Upgrade

I do not think I will upgrade to soon as I did not see much in it that I
can use here on the

<<snip>>

I've had several logging programs over the last few years. The last one
was Turbolog but as time went by it became more and more out of date.
There were constant promises of upgrade but they never happened so I
moved on.

I moved on to DX4WIN. This suits me at present but I don't necessarily
feel any loyalty to it.  When its time to move on that's it. Bye.

At present there are few irritations:

1. No start and finish times
2. No power box
Both are required to be recorded by the British licensing authorities.
3. I doesn't seem to integrate with a decent rtty program like mmtty.

Any new version is going to cost money and there are products out there
that don't cost anything. Logger for one.

What is likely to keep me loyal is the bloody hassle of converting my
logs and the learning curve of getting to know the new brand.

73

Bill