My DX4Win 6.02 is stable and working but the time has come to upgrade to 6.03.

How can I correct errors when importing my 6.02 qsl manager data into the new
6.03?

I extracted an ascii list of qsl managers from the dx4win.cty in both 6.02 and
6.03
and started the import process using the 6.02 file.

There is not _supposed_ to be a problem importing 6.02 qsl manager data into
6.03 but when I follow the procedure there are many errors.

Report from the qsl manager import screen ( I haven't saved anything yet )
  ADD   1304    seems like an awful lot to add
  REPL      45  this is probably ones I have added that are not of the
"official" lists.
  SKIP  21,495  this is good
  ERROR 1,577   not good at all

BTW, it's a real PITA that I can't copy, paste or print the report window.

Examining both files of qsl managers I find that many stations do not agree
when I compare them using windiff.
Windiff is an excellent visual compare program from the Windows cd.
Apparently 6.02 reports qsl manager _dates_ as dd/mm/yy but 6.03 reports qsl
manager dates in mm/dd/yy format
so all such records show up as differences.

Does anyone know if this is the reason for so many errors?  I suspect not since
6.03 is supposed to be able to handle those.

So where are all the errors coming from and how can I weed them out?
Except for the date format differences I can't find any other differences in
the first 100 or two examined.
I'm afraid to finish the import because of them and have no idea of how dx4win
handles this.

Can anyone give me some insights into what is happening?

Larry Alkoff N2LA

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX