From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 4:44 AM
Subject: [Dx4win] DX4WIN with IC-756PROIII

Could someone help me on this?

I am using DX4WIN version 7.02.15 under windows 2000. I have a FT1000MP
connected to the computer working fine with DX4WIN.

I have installed RigTalk in order to add an Icom 756PROIII as a second
radio. Rig talk has been installed successfully. The 756PROIII works 100%
with TRX Manager. So RigTalk is working fine.

I have configured preferences for the second radio using 756PROIII default
entry, the corresponding COM port being set and a poll rate of 1000 ms (1
second).

When I switch to the second radio, DX4WIN can communicate with the radio,
but it is somewhat erratic. When I change bands it takes long to adjust
DX4WIN band/mode (at random basis).

Then I have tried the option radio|set frequency.  I have realized that
when pooling the frequency from the radio DX4WIN understands the frequency
wrong. For instance radio is on 7035.00, but DX4WIN reads 703.500,00.
Suddenly it understands correctly and at this point the band/mode is
ajusted at QSO window when in real time logging (F9).

Definitely there is something wrong at DX4WIN's side configuration wise or
even a glitch.

Any help is appreciated. Regards Fred PY2XB