Hi,
     I mean the voice announcements come thru my external speakers. I can
 control the volume like audio is normally done. Here the thing if I choose
 CW announce in preferences, the CW  sound, incoming spot announcement, is
 only via the small uncontrolled internal computer speaker.
 This was (still is???) the case.
 I was told that .wav files have to be written to the software.
 73,de Bernie/WO2N.>