Hi Byron!

I use a ByteRunner USB2-4COM-M to create 4 real COM ports from one
USB port.

http://www.byterunner.com/byterunner/product_name=USB2-4COM-M/user-
id=/password=/exchange=/exact_match=exact

I use the ByteRunner to control my radio, rotator, and power meter, with one
port left over for whatever.

The ByteRunner uses the FTDI chipset, and is fully functional for just about
anything.  So, if you are happy with your peripherals, but are lacking COM
ports as I was, the USB2-4COM-M is a reasonable solution.

73 - Dave N3RD