From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>
To: Brian - NX0X <n...@aol.com>
Cc: dx4win <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Mon, Mar 12, 2012 12:23 am
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Dx4Win Updater

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Brian - NX0X wrote:
> It seems to be working ok other than asking to update the program every time
ry and run it. I did have version 4.4 on the computer though I was having
roblems running it due to computer problems back last fall so never used it.
hose are know fixed and I did do the update to 4.6 and it all seems to be
orking just fine other than that one issue.

 Is anyone else having this issue again or do I have something set wrong?
4.6 worked fine here also.  I tested it before announcing the updates.
y computer is set to LOCAL time, not UTC.
Make sure that dx4wupd.exe in the UPDATE directory is not protected
gainst over-writing or renaming the file.  That would cause the
ymptoms you see.  You could try deleting it from the UPDATE
irectory.  The next time you run, you'll be prompted to update one
ore time.  The next time, you should not.
Also make sure the version you're *running* is actually 4.6.  Remember
hat the older versions required you to copy the file from the UPDATE
irectory to the directory above (the one with dx4win.exe in it).
--
im Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us