On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:39 AM, n4dsp <n4...@triad.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> Dx4win running for over ten years now. In the beginning I made the mistake
> of replacing my country file instead of merging and it threw my dxcc entity
> stats out of whack on each and every band. It's impossible to go back and
> correct it at this point. Sent an email to lotw yesterday asking if they
> could send me my log and Norm Fusaro did just that. This morning I received
> the file "N4DSP LoTW ADI". What would be the correct process of replacing
> my current inaccurate log with this one?

John,
You really don't want to do that.

LoTW doesn't keep much data from your log, so you'll lose a lot of
information.
LoTW stores Callsign, band (TX and RX), mode, date, start time, frequency
(TX and RX), Satellite name, and propagation mode. Nothing else from the
log is stored by LoTW, which means you can't get it back that way.

You'll lose any notes you have for QSOs, none of the contacts will be
marked as confirmed (except for those QSLed on LoTW), information on when
you sent out QSLs, and so forth. All of the DXCC status will be lost
(nothing will be marked as checked). This will take forever for you to fix
if there's a large number of QSOs.

And, I don't think this will help you in any case, as you'll end up with
exactly the same problem you currently have: you'll be using the current
country file to determine the entity for each contact in the new log, which
should end up with the same set of bad mappings to entities.

Unfortunately, I think you're going to have to find and fix the problems
with your log some other way.
73,
    -Rick
--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA