From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of cont...@oz0j.dk
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:02 PM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Merging data bases.

Hi

I run v 8.05 and I merge 3 databases where I have QSO's from 3 different
call signs without problems.

When you merge databases you can choose "Imported QSO replaces existing
QSO" and the QSOs from db2 will overwrite the existing QSOs from db1.

If you merge 3 almost equal databases I guess your QSL data will get lost
from db1 when you have imported db2.

My suggestion is tha you merge the database with the most updated QSL data
as the final merge.

No matter what your QSL data will be wrong when you merge databases and
your QSL data is not updated in all your databases.

BTW I can recommend to use e.g. dropbox to place the database file. Then
you have a backup and you can open the database file from different
computers.

GL

73 Joe OZ0J

> Hi to all
> I am going to upgrade to 8.05 but I first have to create a solid 7.07
> database. The reason I say solid is I have three 7.07 data bases. I have
> tried to keep them the same but after a few years (three different pc's)
> they are not. My question is If I make the 7.07 db with the largest number
> of entries and then merge each of the other db's into it will the result
> be
> what I want. That is one master db with all contacts in one place.
> Tnx wally w1ioo

-----
No virus found in this message.