From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Steve K7AWB
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:23 PM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] loss of qsl dates

I recently discovered that all my QSL dates were missing from my log.  The
computer that the log is on sometimes reboots by itself so I don't know if
there is any correlation.

I discovered the missing data when some QSL cards arrived and I attempted to
enter the data into the program.  I noticed that there was no QSL dates that
represented the dates I sent the QSL cards to the other hams.  I  entered
the date of April 20, 2013 as an approximate sending date as I did a large
batch of cards around that time.  At first, I figured that I missed a few
dates in the log, but checking on the LOG display, I noticed that there were
no dates going back to my first entries in 1957 except my April 20th dates.

Any ideas ?

I do have a back-up done 6 months ago, but I don't know how I would only
enter the QSL dates and not affect any other data.

Is this an unusual event to lose all the data in one field throughout the
program?

73

Steve Sala
K7AWB