I don't think you can get a popup alert, but if you have the award window up for that award (the one that shows worked/confirmed/submitted) you could see that there's an unconfirmed "slot".

The window I'm talking about (for country) looks like this (not sure if this will work to the reflector):

I seem to have all my slots filled for the US. :-)

Here's a better example:

The current station in the QSO window in this case is a German station on digital mode. I need a 30m digital confirmation, so I'd know that I'd need a QSL if I were to make a contact with him.