From: DX4WIN [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Brian -
NX0X via DX4WIN
Sent: 15 February 2015 18:08
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] Maritime Mobile Logging

I have a question in regard to logging a Maritime Mobile station.

I am running 8.05 with Jim's (AD1C) latest update of Jan 28th.

I have never worked or logged a /MM station in the past as a maritime mobile
station is not good for any DXCC entity so it has not interested me in doing
so. However, I was interested in working TI9/3Z9DX/MM last night as he is
heading to TI9 and that will be a new one for me.

Trying to log him into DX4WIN, it wants to put him in Cocos Is. and I fully
understand that. But being he is not there yet and enroute on the ship it
does not count for Cocos. I was looking to see if I could "Force" the
contact to another prefix entity but that would not solve the problem
either. Then I thought maybe there is a prefix listing of /MM (Maritime
Mobile) that would basically not count the contact for anything. But as you
guessed, not found. Is this an idea Jim could implement in his next database
update or is that more of a Paul update for the program itself? I don't
think you can leave the prefix field blank, can you?

So anyway, how do you log a /MM station so it does not count for an entity?
Other than not logging it...

Thanks,
Brian - NX0X
Minnesota