Howard,
Start with trying to solve one problem at a time.  Your Win10 system can't
connect to the Internet and can't connect to your rig. Trying to solve
these together makes it harder to diagnose the causes as they're not
related.

Don't plug in the serial port device. Can DX4WIN now connect to the
Internet? If not, try to solve that - perhaps your antivirus or firewall is
preventing it.

Then, plug in the serial port device. Is DX4WIN still able to connect to
the Internet? If no, what error are you seeing? If so, then you've solved
the first problem.

Assuming that Internet connectivity is now working, what error do you see
when you configure DX4WIN to use your FTDI serial port?

Without knowing what is not working and what indication you have that it's
not working, there's not much to do here but guess.

I second Robert's suggestion to use something other than DX4WIN to test the
serial port. Device Manager doesn't tell you that the device is working, it
only tells you that it's recognized. Counterfeit FTDI devices are widely
available and often don't work very well, so you may just have a bad
device. (For some of them, the FTDI device driver recognizes that it's a
counterfeit and refuses to work.)
73,
    -Rick