I have released version 9.0 of the DX4WIN Data Updater:

    http://dx4win.ad1c.us/updater/

This is a complete re-write to make the program faster and smaller.
It should have the same "look and feel" as version 8.05.  NPOTA has
been removed from the Calendar and Membership Lists.

Please read the updated documentation on the web site, as well as
report anything you find which is incorrect or unclear.

The best way to update is to un-install the version you have, through
the Windows Control Panel.  Then download and install the new version
from this link:

    http://dx4win.ad1c.us/updater/index.html#history

Make sure to also download and install the Microsoft Visual C++
Redistributable library from the link in the "Quick Start" section:

    http://dx4win.ad1c.us/updater/index.html#quick_start

Saved settings for the previous version will not be transferred to
this new version, so write down anything you think you might forget.
This includes the Calendar, Master Callsign and Membership List
settings.  Note that version 9.0 will always check for a new version
on start-up.  There is no longer an update check box for the Updater
itself.

Because this was a complete re-write, bugs are likely, and I am happy
to find and fix them.  Please pay special attention to these areas:

  * Windows XP
  * Proxy server (completely untested)
  * Update/error counts correct
  * Any error pop-ups?
  * Any numerical errors reported?
  * Disabling of background windows when foreground window is active
  * Settings saved and restored properly
  * Cancel/OK in sub-menus
  * Moving stuff around on the screen
  * Help/About while program running
  * DX4WIN already running
  * All available ways to close any window/pop-up
  * Do already-updated files try to update each time (i.e. time stamping)?
  * Check time zones east of Greenwich
  * Maintain “top” node when updating KCP/TCP (even if no longer active etc.)
  * Membership list error conditions

Let me know if anything works incorrectly and I'll try to fix the
problems as soon as possible.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us