Guess my previous message went as HTML and got nuked. Here it is again.

 Jim,
You got it !! At the moment I am working with CWOps contacts. I would choose CWOps from the 'Custom Award' field by double-clicking in the blank field and choosing from the list. Then I double-click in the 'value' field and it would only search on the first letter. That is, if I type 'w', it goes to the w's. Then I type '6' and it goes to the calls starting with '6'. I tried using 'F1' as you mentioned and BAM, it opens a separate window and does a progressive search. Don't know why it does not act the same when double clicking in the value field but - anyhow - F1 gets me what I need.

Thanks again,
Mike / W8DN