I'm using LP-Bridge v1.0.9 (www.telepost.inc) with my K3. The trick is that
you have to use DXLabs Commander to connect to LP-Bridge and then have
WSJT-X connect to Commander. For whatever reason WSJT-X does not like
virtual comports.

Then in WSJT-X Rig Settings, select DX Labs Suite Commander rather than the
K3.

This has worked fine for me since I moved to the digital modes on 6m in
June. Will download DX4Win v9 in a few days and see how it works with this.
I'm running 8.05 now.

Steve, K6UM