On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>
wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 9:44 AM, Ed Stratton W1ZZ wrote:
>
> The DX4WIN website was issued a new security certificate on March 12
> that is incompatible with Windows XP.  If you try to access the URL:
>
>    https://www.dx4win.com/
>
> using Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, which is the latest for Windows
> XP, that access will fail.
>
> I believe that's correct.  Rick, please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's it. Either the March 12th website certificate update caused this, or
whomever is running the dx4win.com website enabled automatic redirection
from http to https.
To support Windows XP, that redirect will need to be turned off.
Unfortunately, this has a security impact for everyone not running Windows
XP.
73,
    -Rick
--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA