Hi Ernie,

If you haven't done so already, copy <logname>.~XL to <a diff name>.DXL.
The copy <a diff name>.DXL to another place or directory (so you'll have 2
copies of the .DXL)
Then try to open <a diff name>.DXL.

Do you have another PC (that didn't crash) that you could move the .DXL file
(that is having issues) to and open it with DX4WIN?

If you do and it works, that indicates it is NOT your log file that is
clobbered but some other file(s) that DX4WIN uses when starting up.

Oh, I just noticed the last 2 words in the error message: invalid filename
>From the time that you start DX4WIN to when you get the error, do you have a
>chance to do anything (select the log to open)?  If you don't then it sounds
>like the "name of the last opened log file" that is remembered by DX4WIN got
>clobbered.  I don't know where that is stored in v9 but probably someone else
>on here does.

Hope that helps.

73,
Lee  N7NU
>>> Ernie <w8eh.er...@gmail.com> 6/1/2018 11:06 AM >>>
Having a fatal  error on restarting DX4WIN after my Win10 computer
crashed. Some files probably got corrupted, any ideas where to start?
Using copies of my backups didn't work either.

The error report at the bottom says exception 1, EInOutError, Invalid
filename.

Ernie W8EH

Message delivered to hall...@lanecc.edu