Number 3 is the only way to go

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, March 11, 2019, 9:45 PM, R.T.Liddy <k...@ameritech.net> wrote:

 #3 works fine for me!  - Bob K8BL
    On Monday, March 11, 2019, 7:49:27 PM CDT, Artek Manuals
<manu...@artekmanuals.com> wrote:

 I am trying to run wjst-x on my Kenwood TS990S and of course log my
contacts in DX4WIN

The 990 uses a USB connection which is seen as a virtual comport (COM3).
I run into conflicts when I try to run DX4WIN and WJST-X because I think
they are sharing or not sharing as the case may be the same COM port

I want to work a FT8 contact and then log it in DX4WIN. To do this at
the moment I make a QSO on WJST-X/FT8 , then close WJST-X and open
DX4WIN  ( or let DX4WIN /Radio interface time out and then log the
contact manually  A bit cumbersome in the digital age.
So what do you guys do?
1) Manually transfer the info to DX4WIN after the radio connection times
out, have to remember to enter all the band data, etc

2) The 990 has in addition to the USB virtual COM connection, a real COM
port I suspect but have not tried it that I could run both the USB/COM
and the REAl/COM dedicate one port to DX4WIN and dedicate the other
connection to WJST-X

3) WJST-X has a loging mode, so just log everything to WJST-X and then
import that log into DX4WIN later ?

4) Or ???? Some possible permutation and combination I haven't
considered yet

Dave
NR1DX
manu...@artekmanuals.com