From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net <dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On Behalf
Of Randy Farmer
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:30 AM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Log export as .csv file (for spreadsheet analysis)

Be aware if you are exporting a DX4WIN report as a csv file into Excel:

DX4WIN uses an asterisk (*) to denote credited entities in a report.
This character is a special reserved character in Excel, and attempting to use
the raw csv export file from a DX4WIN report will therefore give some weird
results. I'm always forced to first run the csv file through Notepad or Wordpad
and do a search and replace on all the * characters.
This has been a problem with the program forever, and I sure wish it could be
fixed.

73...
Randy, W8FN