OK, after some experimenting, I see what this command REALLY does. It does
NOT automatically populate the QSO window (which is what I thought KE9L was
asking for....as in enter a callsign in the QSO window....and the name and
address info fill in the QSO window "automatically"). Rather, what this
command does is allows you to "automatically" populate the EXTERNAL data
popup window (also called the "Lookup Window")....IF....you already have it
open (as in, you entered the callsign in the QSO window....then ALSO hit F3
to bring up the external data popup window). Now when you scroll between
callsigns you have already entered....it updates the info in the external
popup window. Or if you entered a callsign in the QSO window.....AND....you
have already opened that external popup window (again, by additionally
entering F3)....then yes, the external window would be updated with the
info of the callsign you entered. To have the info populate the QSO window,
you would still have to take the extra step of hitting "update QSO". It
isn't going to populate the QSO window "automatically"....just the external
data popup window.

So, depending on what KE9L was asking, the answer may actually  be "hit F3"
to get the info to pop up....and then if you also want it in the QSO
window...hit "Update QSO".

I got excited for a second there when I thought that command was going to
automatically update the info in QSO window!

K4TK

Tim Moore
PMP