On 16-Apr-20 08:02, Michael Mathis wrote:
I am very satisfied with DX4WIN: User since 1999, never posted to group -
silent majority? Minority??  Whatever, it matters not.  I like it!  Avid DXer
and very casual contester.  Upgrades are welcome and appreciated.  Freedom to
choose the program that we like and prefer is wonderful!  Thank you Paul and
Jim!

Mike, N4MIK

It seems now almost mandatory that every few years we get a few people theatrically "leaving DX4Win" after not getting "upgrades". When pressed on what those upgrades should be, the answer is either silence or a vague hand motion about FT8 or some other digital flavor-of-the-day-mode integration. Interestingly, when this happens, the bells-and-whistles logger of choice seems to be different every time. This is always followed by the obligatory "if it wasn't for AD1C...", but as invaluable as Jim's hard work is, it is never explained just how these other magical loggers are supposedly doing the same callsign/manager database maintenance without his divine intervention.

Do we seriously need to compromise simplicity, reliability, and familiarity of the logger we've been using for decades for an ever increasing number of digital modes, online QSO repositories or whatever will become a fad down the road? My vote is no. Leave DX4Win be.

73 & stay safe, everyone.

Zoran WA7AA